Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:02 AM
This no-nonsense step-by-step guide will show you how to downgrade your iOS 4.1 on iPhone to iOS 4.0.2 or iOS 4.0.1 or iOS 4 or any previous version.
iPhone (Running iOS 4.1)
Saved SHSH blobs
[How To] Downgrade From iOS 4.1 iPhone :
1) Download TinyUmbrella and connect your iPhone.
2) Check the “Advanced Options” box. Under “Device/Version”, select the firmware version to which you wish to downgrade (eg. iOS 4.0.1). Now, select “Cydia” under “Request From”. Then click “Save My SHSH”. This will grab your SHSH files from Saurik’s servers and save them to your computer.
3) Download the firmware you want to downgrade to from your iPhone model (eg. iOS 4.0.1).
4) Put your iPhone in DFU Mode (Launch iTunes >> Connect your iPhone >> Press and hold the Home and Power button together for 10 seconds >> Release the Power button while still holding the Home button until iTunes displays it has found an iPhone in recovery Mode).
5) Open TinyUmbrella and click “Display SHSHs” so as to ensure your SHSH blobs were saved in your computer. Once done, click “Start TSS Server”.
6) Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone. Hold the SHIFT key (for Windows) or ALT/OPTION key (Mac only) while clicking on Restore. A window will open, just select the firmware you downloaded in step 3).
Note: iTunes might give you error messages (error 1011, 1013, and 1015), just ignore them.
7) Open TinyUmbrella and click “Kick Device Out of Recovery”.
Congrats, you have now successfully downgraded your iPhone to an earlier iOS version.
Post any queries in the comments section below.