Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:43 AM
A few weeks later than its expected release, we see Sn0wbreeze 2.0. Sn0wbreeze 2.0 can jailbreak the 3.1.x, iOS 4.0.x and iOS 4.1 firmwares. Sn0wbreeze V2 can't jailbreak the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G, and even has restrictions with older iDevice models. Sn0wbreeze is the Windows version of Pwnage tool, which is less stable. However, just like PwnageTool, Sn0wbreeze V2 allows you to create custom boot logos, set a root partition size and hacktivate your iPhone. It is the best windows tool for updating your iPhone without updating your Baseband (which is important for unlocking).
Check out the jailbreaking tutorial below.
Sn0wbreeze V 2.0 Compatibility :
* iPhone 2G
* iPhone 3G
* iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) – must be already jailbroken. (If you are jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, use Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net)
* iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) – must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2.
* iPod Touch 1G
* iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC Model)
* iPod Touch 2G (MC Model) – must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2.
* iPod Touch 3G – must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2.
* iOS 4.1
* iTunes 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
[How To] Jailbreak iPhone/iPod Touch Using Sn0wbreeze :
1. Download and launch sn0wbreeze.
2. Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch.
3. A screen appears which tells you that this software is not for commercial use, Click OK. On the next screen just click on the blue arrow to continue.
4. Choose EXPERT MODE and click on the blue arrow to continue.
5. Now choose the stock iOS 4.1 downloaded earlier. Click on BROWSE, select it and click OPEN.
6. A pop-up window appears and click I UNDERSTAND.
7. Just click on GENERAL and then, click on the blue arrow to continue.
8. Now you can choose to hacktivate your iPhone ( if you have a factory unlock DO NOT check it ), enable native multitasking, battery percentage and background wallpapers. If you have an iPhone 3GS with new bootrom, check ‘Use iBooty Method’. If you have iPod Touch 3G with new bootom, you will see a check box for that, if you have an old bootrom, DO NOT check it.
9. On the next screen you can pre-install packages. You can add packages from the default repos, or add .deb files.
10. Next screen lets you change your Boot and Recovery Logo. You can use the ones sn0wbreeze offers you, or you can upload your own, or choose not to change them( Only PNG giles are accepted with demensions below 320×480 pixels)
11. Click on the blue arrow to continue. Now sn0wbreeze will create the custom firmware.
12. If you are asked if your iOS device is jailbroken or not, choose NO.
13. Now, you will need to put the device in recovery mode or DFU mode.
For DFU mode : Turn off your iOS device while still connected to your computer. Hold the home button and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button
For Recovery mode: Hold the home button and power button until you will see the iTunes logo and USB cable on your device’s screen. Until you see that on your screen, your iDevice will turn on and off a many times. Keep holding the buttons down, until you see the iTunes logo.
14. Now open iTunes 10. It will prompt you with a message that it found a device in recovery mode. Click OK.
15. Hold the SHIFT key and click on RESTORE. Choose the custom firmware you just created and click OPEN.
16. Wait for iTunes to restore your iOS device with the custom firmware.
Now you have successfully jailbroken your iDevice.