Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:46 AM
Seas0nPass will jailbreak your AppleTV 2G on iOS 4.2.1, by building a custom firmware to restore with in iTunes. This is just a tethered jailbreak for the AppleTV 2G, on this firmware. This means, if you ever have to reboot your AppleTV 2G, you’ll have to connect it to your computer and use the “boot tethered” mode of Seas0npass, to get your jailbreak back.
Note : Currently the jailbreak for the 4.1.1 (iOS 4.2.1) software is ‘tethered’. A tethered jailbreak requires the AppleTV to be connected to a computer for a brief moment during startup.
* Download iTunes 10.1.1 and install it. (check for updates through Software Update located in Apple menu).
* Download Seas0nPass
* A micro USB cable will be required to complete the jailbreak.
Jailbreak AppleTV iOS 4.2.1 With Seas0npass [How To] :
1) Unzip the ‘Seas0nPass.zip’ file and launch Seas0nPass.
2) If your AppleTV is not yet jailbroken, select ‘Create IPSW’ (if already jailbroken, and you just need to do a ‘tethered boot’ scroll down).
5) iTunes will open automatically and start the restore process.
Using Seas0nPass for ‘tethered boot’ On AppleTV :
Some AppleTV 2G software versions require a tethered boot. This means the AppleTV must be connected to a computer for a brief moment during startup.
Note: The AppleTV MUST be disconnected from the computer (for at least a brief moment) after restoring in iTunes for the tethered boot process below to work properly.
1) Open Seas0nPass and select the ‘Boot Tethered’ option.
3) Seas0nPass will complete the tethered boot automatically. Once complete, remove the USB cable and connect the HDMI cable.
If you have any kind of problems or queries, let us know in the comments below.