Friday, January 14, 2011 3:26 AM
iOS 4.3 Beta release, an unofficial PwnageTool bundle is available which can jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4. The support to jailbreak other iDevices (iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G and iPad) on iOS 4.3 will be added later. This version of PwnageTool doesn’t preserve the baseband when you cook custom iOS 4.3 firmware with it. So if you rely on unlock, you should keep yourself away from this jailbreak method.
Before upgrading your iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3, we highly recommend you to save the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2.1. If you don’t have SHSH blobs saved, you won’t be able to downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1.
Jailbreak iOS 4.3 On iPhone 4 With PwnageTool [How To] :
1) Download the unofficial PwnageTool bundle (from here) and iOS 4.3 for your iPhone 4.
2) Download the latest version of iTunes and install it and reboot your computer.
3) Backup all the contents on your iPhone 4 before starting the actual jailbreak process. After the backup is completed, close iTunes and leave you iPhone 4 connected via USB.
4) Launch PwnagTool and select Expert Mode.
5) Now select your iPhone 4 and click the blue arrow to continue.
6) Browser for IPSW file (iOS 4.3) which you have already downloaded as mentioned in step 1.
7) Now hit the Build button to cook the custom iOS 4.3 firmware and save it on your PC.
9) After the iPhone 4 is in DFU mode, launch iTunes and it will tell you it has found an iPhone 4 in recovery mode. Press OK to continue.
10) To install the custom cooked iOS 4.3 firmware, press the Alt/Option key and click on “Restore” in iTunes.
Now wait for a few minutes until iTunes completes its process. Your iPhone 4 will reboot after it has been restored successfully to iOS 4.3.