Monday, January 3, 2011 2:50 AM
With this new addition to Redsn0w, instead of launching Redsn0w directly to boot your tethered iDevice, you can simply type in some commands into CMD/Terminal and your iDevice will reboot back into its jailbroken state, just as if you had clicked the Just boot tethered for now button, via Redsn0w’s GUI.
Note : All download links are given at the end of the guide.
Quickly Boot Your Tethered Jailbroken iPhone (Windows) [How To] :
1) Create a Pwnage folder on your Desktop and in it place :
● RedSn0w 0.9.6rc7
● Your iPhone firmware ipsw
2) Double click the Redsn0w archive to extract it.
3) Press the Windows + R key then input cmd and click OK to launch the Command Prompt.
4) Input the following command for devices with the new bootrom :
%homepath%\Desktop\Pwnage\redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc7\redsn0w.exe -j -i %homepath%\Desktop\Pwnage\iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
Input the following command for devices with the old bootrom (iPod 2G, iPhone 3GS) :
%homepath%\Desktop\Pwnage\redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc7\redsn0w.exe -j -o -i %homepath%\Desktop\Pwnage\iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
Note : Remember to change the filename to the filename of the ipsw you downloaded in Step One.
5) Redsn0w will now open, instruct you on placing your iPhone into DFU mode if it isn't already, and boot your iPhone.
If you have any problems or queries, please feel free to comment below.
Download Links :
RedSn0w 0.9.6rc7 (Windows)