Saturday, February 5, 2011 3:15 AM
greenpois0n rc5 2. Make sure you have a clean iOS 4.2.1 install before running greenpois0n rc5 jailbreak. Unlockers must stay away from this version ! However, if you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella here. Below are common greenpois0n rc5 errors along with their fixes.
For those who haven't jailbroken their iDevices using greenpois0n rc5, follow this guide.
Error #1 : greenpois0n rc5 gets stuck on “greenpois0n initialized” ?
Fix : For those having trouble with the “greenpois0n initialized” error, download greenpois0n rc5_2 here.
Error #2 : While using greenpois0n rc5 to jailbreak 4.2.1, I am getting the “Failed” error ?
Fix: The steps below assume that greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.
1) Download greenpois0n rc5_2 here.
2) Connect your iDevice to your Mac.
3) Open Terminal.
4) Type “cd Desktop” (without quotes) and hit enter.
5) Type “open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n” without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and greenpois0n will start.
6) Follow the instructions in greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak.
7) Once jailbroken, a green “Loader” icon will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 8.
8) Turn off your device.
9) Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b6 (download it here)..
10) Make sure the only option checked is “Install Cydia”.
11) Follow the instructions in Redsn0w.
12) Cydia is installed, and now you have an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken device.
Error #3 : greenpois0n rc5 loader is crashing while installing Cydia, I am unable to install cydia via greenpois0n loader ?
Fix : Loader will work when greenpois0n.com will be back online. Until then, you can use tethered Redsn0w to install Cydia. Follow steps 8 to12 as listed above.
Error #4 : After jailbreaking iPhone screen goes blank and is still in DFU mode ?
Fix : Leave your iPhone for two minutes, press and hold both power and home button at the same time for 10-15 seconds until your iPhone / iPod Touch boots normally.
Error #5 : I am getting an error like : Unable to find fs_mount
Unable to find fs_unmount
Unable to find fs_load_file
Fix : Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad to USB properly. Then make sure you “Turn off” your iDevice, otherwise you’ll get this error.
Error #6 : I am getting an error : "stuck at gp init” ?
Fix : Download greenpois0n rc5_2 here, it will fix the "stuck at gp init” error.
Error #7 : I am not able to use greenpois0n rc5 on Windows OS ?
Fix : Currently, greenpois0n rc5 only supports Mac OS X, Windows version will be released very soon.
Error #8 : I am not able to jailbreak my iDevice using greenpois0n rc5 ?
Fix : Below is the list of iDevices supported by greenpois0n rc5, if your iDevice is not there in the list, you will not be able to jailbreak it using greenpois0n rc5.
greenpois0n rc5_2 Jailbreak Supports :
* iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
* iPod Touch 3G
* iPod Touch 4G
* iPad 1G
* iPhone 3GS (all bootroms)
* iPhone 4
* iPhone 4 Verizon (CDMA)
* AppleTV 2
If you find any other error in greenpois0n rc5, please leave in the comments section below this post. We will try to fix the errors as soon as possible.