Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:53 PM
sn0wbreeze 2.2 also comes with iBooks fixes. sn0wbreeze 2.2 also allows users to play PacMan game while the custom iPSW file is being built for you iDevice. A new version of sn0wbreeze 2.2 was released, which is able to untether jailbreak iOS 4.2.1. This tool allows you to create a custom firmware, and in this tutorial we’re going to show you exactly how to use sn0wbreeze 2.2.
sn0wbreeze 2.2 supports the following iDevices on iOS 4.2.1 :
* iPhone 3G
* iPhone 3GS
* iPhone 4
* iPod Touch 2G
* iPod Touch 3G
* iPod Touch 4G
Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Using sn0wbreeze 2.2 [How To] :
Part 1 : Download the Required Tools
Download the following tools before you start the actual iOS 4.3 beta 3 jailbreak process :
Download iTunes 10.1.2 and install it on your Mac machine
Download sn0wbreeze 2.2 for iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak
Note : Windows Vista/Win7 users , you will need to run the toll in Administrator mode. To do that, right click on the tool’s icon and select "Run as administrator".
Part 2 : Creating Custom iOS 4.2.1 Firmware
1) Connect your iDevice.
2) Open sn0wbreeze 2.2 and you will see a splash screen which tells you that this software is not for commercial use. Click OK ( see splash screen above ). On the next screen just click on the blue arrow to continue.
3) Now you will need to choose the stock iOS 4.2.1 downloaded earlier. Click on ‘Browse’, select it and click ‘Open’.
4) Choose ‘Expert Mode’ and click on the blue arrow to continue.
5) Now we need to customize our firmware. Just click on ‘General’ and then, click on the blue arrow to continue.
6) Here you can add to sn0wbreeze 2.2 the following things :
* Animated bootlogos
* Choose to install OpenSSH
* Resize the root partition
* Add native backgrounding, user wallpaper, battery percentage,etc
7) Once you are done, click on the blue arrow to continue. Now sn0wbreeze 2.2 will create the custom firmware.
Part 3 : Restoring iOS 4.2.1 Custom Firmware
Put your iPhone in DFU mode. sn0wbreeze 2.2 will help you in this process. Follow the onscreen instructions for this purpose.
1) Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
2) Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
3) You device should now be in DFU mode
4) After the iPhone is in DFU mode, launch iTunes and it will tell you it has found an iPhone in recovery mode. Press OK to continue.
5) To install the custom cooked firmware, press the Alt/Option key and click on “Restore” in iTunes.
Note : Make sure it is the custom firmware and not the stock one (you can recognize the custom one because it’s called "sn0wbreeze_iPhone_xxx").
Now wait for few minutes until iTunes does its job. The iPhone will reboot after it has been restored successfully.
Now you have successfully untethered jailbroken your iDevice using sn0wbreeze 2.2, you should have the Cydia icon on your springboard. Depending on your baseband version, you will be able to unlock using ultrasn0w unlock tool using the tutorial here. Let us know how it worked out for you by leaving a comment below.