Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:10 AM
Gevey SIM interposer.
Unlock iPhone 4 BB 2.10.04, 3.10.01 Using Gevey SIM [How To] :
1) You will need to use the SIM tray supplied and file your MicroSIM slightly to accommodate the EEPROM chip.
2) Installing the Gevey SIM, only with something in between.
3) The iPhone 4 will search for signal, comes up with no service and finally settling on this “one bar” icon. Earlier hacks required the fake IMSI to be programmed manually however this device is obviously capable of rapidly cycling a list of IMSI until an accepted MCC/MNC combination is found. It may also spoof ICCID since the iOS is known to cross-reference.
4) Dial 112 and hang up after the call is connected. The network issues a TMSI for your connection.
5) Toggle Flight mode On/Off. What exactly happens is not too clear but apparently the interposer ROM block electrical connection to prevent the BB (baseband) from detecting the fake IMSI.
6) The signal bars appear, we are safe. That is after the network ignored the fake IMSI (which the iPhone 4 has no knowledge of) but allowed the Gevey SIM onboard because it is able to validate that.
Now you have successfully unlocked iPhone 4 using Gevey SIM interposer without using ultrasn0w unlock tool.