Monday, March 7, 2011 10:35 PM
Yesterday, iH8sn0w released patched unofficial PwnageTool bundles to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (both old and new Bootroms), iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and iPad. These iOS 4.3 GM bundle for PwnageTool preserve the iPhone 4 Baseband. If you’re iPhone 4 is already unlocked on baseband 01.59.00, you can safely restore your iDevice to a custom 4.3 pre-jailbroken IPSW and retain current baseband and unlock, instead of updating upgrading to BB 04.10.01.
Note : If you are on T-Mobile, turn off 3G before starting.
Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 GM Using ultrasn0w [How To] :
1) Launch Cydia > Manage > Sources.
2) If the ultrasn0w repo is not present, press the Edit > Add > Enter http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ as the source url and press the Add Source button.
3) Select repo666.ultrasn0w.com from the list of user entered sources.
4) Select ultrasn0w from the list of packages
5) Select ultrasn0w > Install > Confirm.
6) After ultrasn0w installation completes successfully press the large Restart Springboard button.
You should now be able to insert the SIM of your choice.
Now, you have now successfully unlocked iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3 GM firmware on old baseband 01.59.00 using ultrasn0w. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below.