Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:42 AM
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing and educational purposes only. Please don’t follow the steps mentioned below if you are an average user.
Part 1 : Download the Required Tools
Download the following tools before you start the actual iOS 4.3 beta 3 jailbreak process :
Download iTunes 10.1.2 and install it on your Mac machine.
Download PwnageTool for iOS 4.3 Beta 3 jailbreak
Download PwnageTool bundles for your idevice (Bundles for more devices will be added later)
Download Universal Ramdisk Fixer
Download iOS 4.3 beta 3 (devs only)
Part 2 : Patching / Modifying PwnageTool using custom bundles
Since official Pwnagetool doesn’t support iOS 4.3 beta 3, we have to modify it using the custom PwnageTool bundles to jailbreak iOS 4.3 beta 3.
1) Right click on the PwnageTool which you have already download and then click on “Show Package Contents”.
2) Navigate to this path : /Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles and put the bundle folder download for your device in Part 1 in this location.
3) Close the folder.
Part 3 : Patching Ramdisk
Now we have to fix the broken PwnageTool ramdisk process to support iOS 4.3 beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3.
1) Launch Universal Ramdisk Fixer.
2) Follow the simple on-screen instruction to fix the ramdisk.
Part 4 : Creating Custom iOS 4.3 Firmware
1) Launch the updated iTunes.
2) Back up your device before starting the actual jailbreak process.
3) Launch modified PwnageTool bundle.
4) Now select your iPhone and click the blue arrow to continue.
Part 5 : Restoring iOS 4.3 Custom Firmware
Put your iPhone in DFU mode. PwnageTool will help you in this process. Follow the onscreen instructions for this purpose.
1) Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
2) Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
3) You device should now be in DFU mode
4) After the iPhone is in DFU mode, launch iTunes and it will tell you it has found an iPhone in recovery mode. Press OK to continue.
5) To install the custom cooked firmware, press the Alt/Option key and click on “Restore” in iTunes.
Now wait for few minutes until iTunes does its job. The iPhone will reboot after it has been restored successfully.
Part 6 : Booting the Device in Tethered Boot
Since iOS 4.3 beta 3 jailbreak is tethered, we will have to connect the device with PC and use a software “tetheredboot” to boot it into a tethered jailbroken state. Tetheredboot utility requires three files from iOS 4.3 to do its jobs. The names of those files are kernelcache.release.n90, iBEC.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu.
To get these files, change the extension of iOS 4.3 beta 3 from .ipsw to .zip and extract it. You will find them under /Firmware/dfu/ folder.
1) Put all these three files and tetheredboot utility into a new folder on desktop and name it “tetheredboot”.
2) Now connect your device with your computer and boot it into Recovery Mode by holding power and home button until “Connect to iTunes” screen appears on iPhone.
3) Start terminal and run the following commands:
Type your admin password and run :
./tetheredboot iBSS kernelWhen you are asked to put your device into DFU mode, follow the same method you used in Part 5. After a short while you will see “Exiting libpois0n” in the terminal windows which indicates your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch will be booted within a few moments.