Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:32 AM
iOS 5 hack was discovered Mert Erdir and exploits a security flaw in the activation screen. Even those users can apply this hack who are new to jailbreaking, as this is simply a backdoor exploit which requires no hacking or jalbreaking.
Warning : You will not be able to make calls after performing this hack. We recommend that you do not follow this guide unless you take the risk with unofficially updating to the iOS 5 firmware.
Note : If you want to run the iOS 5 firmware, we recommend you to save your SHSH blobs on the iOS 4.3.3 firmware (tutorial). If you encounter any error you will be able to downgrade your iPhone back to iOS 4.3.3. Also, this will only work on the iPhone.
Install iOS 5 Without Developer Account, UDID [How To] :
Stage One : Upgrade to the iOS 5 firmware
1) Download the iOS 5 IPSW file for your iPhone here.
2) Now launch iTunes and update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
3) Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Stage Two : Backdoor activation exploit.
1) Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
2) Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
3) Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
4) The Notification Center will appear.
5) Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
6) Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
For more, watch this video tutorial below...
One you complete the two stages of the tutorial your iPhone should now be activated on the iOS 5 firmware. Those of you who it a try let us know how it went in the comments section below. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates on iOS 5 and related jailbreak news